Happy new tent day to me! With the coronavirus lockdown still having us cooped up in our homes and gardens for the majority of our days I’m planning for when it is all over.
I haven’t properly wild camped since I completed my Gold Duke of Edinburgh but the cabin fever is setting in whilst in lockdown and I’m keen to get out on the hills and back to basics.
I did my research on 2 man tents for wild camping, I’m not looking to do any extreme camps and will only been heading out for one night micro adventures to begin with. I finally decided to buy a Eurohike Backpacker Deluxe 2 man tent for £40 from Go Outdoors, this 2 man tent is perfect for the beginner or for those only adventuring a couple of times a year.
The Eurohike Backpacker Deluxe 2 man tent features include:
- Compact and practical backpacking 2 person tent from Eurohike
- 2-pole tunnel construction – the cathedral arch pole design increases stability and strength.
- Porch storage area with windows
- Breathable polyster inner with mesh door – designed to keep insects out and manage condensation.
- Flysheet-first pitching
- Flysheet: 185T PU fabric
- Inner: 185T breathable polyester fabric
- Floor: 120g/m2 PE
- Frame: 8.5mm fibreglass
- Dimensions: 310cm (L) x 150cm x 110cm (H)
- Carry bag dimensions: 58cm x 15cm x 15cm
- Weight (approx): 2.9kg
- Hydrostatic head: 2000mm
- EN 5912 Fire-retardant coating
With the glorious weather we have been treated to I couldn’t resist a Sunday night garden camp out to test my new tent. It was exactly what I needed and I can’t wait to get out when restrictions are lifted to get out and camp with the sounds of the sea or a breakfast view of the Lake District mountains.